Check out this Guy Kawasaki presentation entitled, "The Art of Innovation".To build a great product it should follow DICEE.
- Deep: Lots of functionality
- Intelligent: Somebody was thinking when they made the product or the service.
- Complete: Support infrastructure, the totality of the experience.
- Elegant: To use the product you do not have to read the manual.
- Emotive: The product generates strong emotions.Some other great qutoables....
Don't worry, be crappy. Ship it, don't test it. Churn, baby, churn.