2009 is going to be a great year. I would be fooling myself if I were to ignore this sinking feeling. Perhaps it is from the current state of the tech industry, maybe even the economy. Whatever it is, I can also feel the entrepreneurial energy of the past reinventing itself. I recently saw the image below on this blog, it really speaks for itself.
- Believe you can change the world.
- Work quickly, keep the tools unlocked, work whenever.
- Know when to work alone and when to work together.
- Share tools, ideas. Trust your colleagues.
- No Politics. No bureaucracy. (These are ridiculous in a garage).
- The customer defines a job well done.
- Radical ideas are not bad ideas.
- Invent different ways of working.
- Make a contribution every day. If it doesn't contribute, it doesn't leave the garage.
- Believe that together we can do anything.
There is this ongoing theme of expanding till you cannot possibly cram anything else in, then a massive contraction, even better a readjustment. Through out all of this action there are constants. If one can identify these constants, they might be a strength. Before I get too ahead of myself ... I think that is what the past 8 - 9 months were about contraction, and now what are the constants?
2008 was a rough year. I do not envision that 2009 will be easy but I feel something coming. I can't wait to see what it is.